Monday 16 July 2012

Dogs and Weddings

So, I've been toying with the idea of having one of our dogs be the ring bearer at our wedding. I don't really have any reason not to do it, I'm just not sure if I should do it.

I love my dogs and everyone who knows me knows how much I love my dogs. If it were up to me I would have them there the entire time. For Scout, not so bad, Kobi, that would be a disaster. And sadly the same goes for being ring bearer. I think if we decide to follow through on this the only choice would be to have Scout do the honour.

 As much as I love Kobi, he's not ready for something like that. I can totally imagine us up at the alter, the room is quiet, we're about to say "I do" and instead there's a loud barking fit!

Scout on the other hand, he'll sleep until he's needed, and when he is needed he'll lumber on up with his dopy little grin and preform perfectly.

The only downside to Scout being at the wedding is I fear half our guests will end up covered in fur!!!

Scout's shedding has taken on an entire mind of its own. I have partially given up brushing him because he hates it so much and he never seems to shed any less! If he does end up being involved in this wedding he is going to need a major brush and bath.

Then the next question becomes, what should he wear? Should he have a dashing bow tie? Should he wear a shirt to try to reduce the amount of fur flying around? Or should he just wear a nice collar?

Any thoughts of dogs in weddings? Have you been to a wedding where a dog was present? If so, how was it? Was it a disaster or was it awesome!

3 comments:

  1. I was at a wedding with dogs in the wedding pictures, which was nice, but I just don't think they should be a part of the ceremony. Call me cold - I didn't have my nieces, then ages 3 and 5 in my ceremony. I didn't want to take the chance of something going wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a dog when I got married, or I assure you I would have involved him/her in some way. My dog is currently such a huge part of my life, I feel like not including him would be similar to getting married after you've had a baby/child and then not including that child in the wedding. However, I also have a much less traditional and much more casual outlook on weddings. I take marriage very seriously, but the wedding is just a party as far as I'm concerned. It should be fun, not stuffy.

    If you had some way of getting Scout picked up at some point, you might be able to have the best of both worlds--or do what Finn's mom suggested and include him in the pix but not the rest of things (if you're doing pix beforehand, like many people do now).

    I say go for it, though, if you can't figure out some other way of including dogs. You only live once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post . It takes me almost half an hour to read the whole post. Definitely this one of the informative and useful post to me. Thanks for the share.
    Dog Walking Service

    ReplyDelete