Saturday 14 July 2012

Wow Life

So I have been terrible and not posting anything recently, but to be honest, coming up with fun posts has been the last thing on my mind. My wedding is at the end of the month (two more weeks essentially) so I have been swamped with planning final details.

 That being said I haven't been slacking off. Kobi and I started level 2 agility last week and have our second class this week. This class is going to be a bit of a challenge for us, Kobi is very clearly not confident with any of the obstacles, so I have a lot of confidence building to do with him before class will be really fun for us.

Working with his makeshift tunnel has helped a lot, and a friend made me a teeter plank which we've started working with. Lets just say Kobi's lack of rear end awarness because incredibly apparent. He tends to walk across with his front feet on and back feet on the side.

We've switched Kobi's kennel to a portable fabric one which for some reason he is intensly reluctant to go inside. Part of the problem is that the only door is on the side of the crate meaning he has to actively turn himself around inside the crate to be in it, and he would much rather just put his front feet in then back straight out.

We have new neighbours across the street with two pitbulls who seem to be left alone a lot in the evenings meaning when they sit and bark out their window, Kobi feels the need to respond to them. So the last week has been a bit of a loud one for us with needing to keep the windows open for air flow.

I've been working out at the SPCA a lot with our C.L.A.S.S. program. Most of our "project" dogs are no longer at the shelter for various reasons, but sadly one little guy is left. His name is Dawson, he's a fantastically smart dog that just did not have the right start in life and is suffering for it. I'll try to talk more about him later.

I bought a dehydrator so that I don't need to buy treats anymore. It's taken me a few tries to figure out what the best way to prepare the treats are and I will also share this later.

We're moving in September, something very unexpected for us. We really thought we would be staying here for a few years but an opportunity for us to move into a full house came up, and honestly, who doesn't want a whole house to themselves with a big yard with lots of room for agility practice???


Anyway, my life is continuing, but I'll probably fail to post again over the next two weeks, but not to worry, when I do find time again I have lots of videos, training tips, treats and great stories!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and move! These are some really exciting times for you!!

    ReplyDelete