- Irving Gas station/Circle K on Robie St. is dog friendly and usually has dog treats
- Petro Canada on the corner of Quinpool and Oxford St.
- There is a small corner store along Oxford St. near the corner of Liverpool St. that accepts dogs inside and the store owner can often be found with her German Shepard present.
- All Canadian Tire stores are now dog friendly since changing ownership. The Quinpool Rd. store actually has dog friendly signs and the checkouts have treats.
- I have not tested it but I have heard that Rona in Bayer's Lake and Piercy's on Robie St. are also dog friendly.
- Glidden Paints in the Hydrostone.
- The TD on Quinpool Rd. allows non-aggressive dogs into the branch and the tellers have treats for them.
- The Lady Hammond Rd. Credit Union happily welcomes dogs.
Pet Specific Stores:
I have yet to encounter a pet store that does not allow pets, but bellow is a list of pet stores around the HRM.
- Tailwagrrrs- two locations, one on Cunard St. in Halifax and the other is along the Beford Highway across from the Clearwaters
- House of Dogs- located on Quinpool Rd just up from the Oxford Theater
- Bark and Fitz- located in downtown Halifax just up from Sweet Janes off Spring Garden Rd.
- Pet Valu- Has four locations throughout HRM. One downtown, one in Clayton Park, Dartmouth and Bedford.
- Pets Unlimeted- Has four locations in HRM, one in Bayers Lake, Burnside Dartmouth, Bedford and Cole Harbour.