She was looking to have the image turned into a design for some paint ball jerseys, but she wanted the whole head and a finished picture rather than just the face. Her request was to add in hit head/hat, some of hi neck and chest, replace the torn edge with broken glass and make it look like he was reaching out.
So this is what I came up with.
And here is the finished product. I always find it weird looking back on outlines I've done, that I'm able to read them like a map and know what goes where and turn an image of nonsensical lines into a realistic image with perspective.
I am really happy with how this turned out. I was really worried once I got the face done because I had no more reference images. I have a good understanding of light and perspective but to try to add loosely referenced components onto a per-exisitng image is difficult. It is very easy to make it obvious that parts don't belong, or have something that just seems... off. I'm a visual artist so I need reference material, I'm creative but I'm not imaginative, I find it hard creating things and being able to translate what's in my head to the paper, but somehow I managed to do it this time! And I think I did it rather well. Aside from maybe the fingers, nothing seems like it doesn't belong, it looks cohesive and it looks like that was what the image was all along.