Sunday 15 April 2012

Lola


A few days ago I finally got around to completing the pet portrait for the winner from the Doggie Expo back in February. She was very patient and understanding about waiting for me to heal before I worked on my portrait.
This took me about 5 hours to complete. I actually tried something new by filming myself painting. This was the first time I have ever tried doing this, I learned what to do and what not to do for the next time I decide to film myself painting. My battery ran out a couple of times and I lost some progress each time. I tried to cut out me working on white on the chest but somehow recorded it instead. Also my 4Gb memory card manage to be filled by all this video, something I was not expecting, so I lost the very end. All the details I think people would have liked to see got lost, but it was a good first try and I now know what to do next time I film a painting. I think I may also speed the video up a bit more next time, it's impressive to see 4 hours down to 10 minutes, but it's still 10 minutes, I think trying to get a 6 minute video might be more reasonable.
Anyway, enjoy, and hopefully I'll try this again soon with some better results.


No comments:

Post a Comment