Sunday 1 April 2012

I felt the need to share. But today we went to Point Pleasant like every Sunday, again without Beau, but this time Kobi was fantastic. He still ran around wildly and did jump in one persons face but he returned to his recall promptly (at least when I recall him, my fiance still needs to work on training Kobi to come to him). On the way into the park we were able to walk in with much less pulling and barking and on the way out no pulling and no barking!

Tonight's simple walk around the block after dinner was the best walk we have ever had with Kobi since adopting him. Not one pull. I had so much attention from him he would barely look away from me (it was to the point where I was clicking him for not looking towards me and just walking calmly on his own). He sat promptly when I stopped, did not bark and did not lunge once. There were a few distractions along the route (people walking by, dogs barking or dogs walking) and in all cases he was able to regain focus on me, and we kept going without issue.

There are a few things that have changed in our routine and walking routine and I'll talk about those in the next couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment